Thank you for your interest in volunteering! Anime Matsuri 2018 is going to the next level and so is our volunteer program. There are two ways to get involved: Volunteer and AM Staff.
- You must be 18+
- You must purchase an Anime Matsuri badge through Eventbrite (badge will be reimbursed upon successful completion of required volunteer hours )
- Read and sign Anime Matsuri’s Volunteer Guidebook
- Attend Anime Matsuri’s Orientation Meeting (mandatory if you live in the Houston area)
- Work a minimum of three 4 hour shifts (12 hrs) during the convention
- Badge reimbursement (3-Day Pass)
- Exclusive AM 2018 Volunteer T-Shirt
If you are ready for the commitment to volunteer throughout the year and at the convention in specific departments, we invite you to apply for AM Staff. Working in AM Staff could lead to Leadership positions in the future. There is a minimum time commitment requirement during the year which will prepare you for the convention by training and team building with your department while introducing you to your fellow AM Staff members. The time commitment varies by department.
AM Staff Requirements:
- You must be 18+
- A dedicated and motivated individual with passion for Japanese Pop Culture
- A minimum of 32 hours at Con, 8 hours Pre-Con for training/events
- Live in the Houston area (to attend events and meetings during the year)
*If you do not live in the Houston area and want to be a part of AM Staff, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject “Non-Local AM Staff Application”(we will filter emails by this title so be sure to include it) We will review each email on an individual basis.
AM Staff will receive a 3 Day Staff Badge, access to Staff Green Room, and a Staff T-Shirt, along with other perks and accommodations based on the discretion of the Department Director.
The reward of this experience is up to you and your creativity. This is your opportunity to shape Anime Matsuri while making tons of new friends and developing skills useful for personal and professional development.